For the purposes of the information which you provide to us, Hampton Adams acts as the data controller. This means that we are responsible for what happens to the information that you give to us. We will at all times comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and make sure that we keep your data secure and steps are taken to prevent any unauthorized access to your information.
What data do we collect?
We collect all information which you submit to us. For example, when you sign up to receive our newsletter or when you communicate with us in any way (for example, email, Facebook, Twitter). This information will include any passwords, usernames, contact details, account details, preferences, interests and details of any complaints you may have made. We will also collect information when you buy from us on our website. This will include the time and date of your purchase, the goods you purchased and details of any relevant payment card you used.
From time to time we may access publicly available information about you on the internet to assist in fraud prevention, for identity verification (such as to confirm we have the correct address details for you) and for marketing purposes, as set out in more detail below.
How do we use your personal data?
We use your data to fulfill any orders you place with us. We also share your data with third party service providers who help us to do this.
We also use your data for marketing purposes which may mean that you will receive marketing communications from us or carefully selected third parties. However, if you do receive marketing communications from other companies, we will ensure that the company in question and its products will be as relevant to you as possible.
As part of our marketing program, we may pool and share aggregated data with third parties. We then use this data to produce statistics about our customers. This helps us to select and tailor products, services or special discounts to you and to inform you about those which we think you will be interested to hear about.
How do I manage my data?
We always give you the choice of whether or not you wish to receive marketing communications from us. You can contact us at any time or unsubscribe from communications with us and we will update our records.
If at any time you want to talk to us about your data, for example if you spot a mistake, or if you want to change how we market to you please contact us
You have rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you (although you can probably do most of this through My Account)
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through My Account, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
- If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
Changes to how we protect your privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data. If we make significant changes we will make that clear to all customers.